This set of materials will have your students working on reading strategies while having fun with the story Froggy's First Kiss by Jonathon London! This companion was created for K-2 classrooms.
It is PACKED with literacy extensions and would be perfect for your February read aloud lessons....or put it in the SUB TUB and have loads of activities ready to go!
- making predictions *differentiated
- favorite part *differentiated
- the main idea
- problem and solution
- making connections
- author's purpose
- story sequencing
- read it and RATE it!
- story elements
- the main character and looking for character traits
- comparing characters
- emotions while reading: I was so surprised when......I liked when....
- emotions while reading: I was so mad when....I was happy when....
- make a prediction/record what really happened
- cause and effect
- How did you feel when you were reading the story? *in the beginning and at the end
- All of the printables are available in black and white or color!