Differentiated worksheets and craft activities to complement From Head to Toe by Eric Carle. Perfect revision and practice of animals, body parts and actions vocabulary while developing fine motor skills, literacy skills, social skills and understanding of the world.
Activities are specifically designed to allow for differentiation of ability and context and come complete with COMPREHENSIVE ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS.
Find body labelling sheets, body parts cut and paste, mini-books, numbers jigsaws, cut and paste sequencing worksheets, playing cards crafts, roleplay headbands/puppets, bingo games and craft, write and draw templates, matching cards, mini-cards and flashcards. Our Card Pack
Playing Cards Craft
are also available to buy separately.
These activities are the perfect complement to the very entertaining picture book, From Head to Toe BUT they also work well independently as part of a unit focused on the body, animals or actions.
If you don't have access to the story, you can find a good collection of storytelling videos and related songs on www.kidsclubenglish.com
This pack includes ALL of the following:
* Body labelling worksheets - Follow the activity suggestions to revise and practise body vocabulary. Suggestions included for non-literate learners too.
* Body parts cut and paste - Choose from three versions of this cut and paste gorilla activity. See the activity suggestions for fun interactive ways to maximise language practice while kids develop their fine motor skills.
* Mini-books - Differentiate according to abilities in your group by choosing among these nine different mini-books. Focus on animal or action + body language, writing, spelling or oral comprehension to create fun books that the kids can take home and re-tell the story to their families and friends.
* Numbers jigsaws - Choose one of the six options in either a game or craft activity to make an attractive Head to Toe jigsaw while practising numbers and sequencing at the same time.
* Roleplay headbands / puppets - Using these templates, children create a headband or puppet. Follow the activity suggestions for ways in which to re-enact the story song. These would be great in a mini-performance for their families too.
* Playing cards craft - Choose from a variety of different templates depending on your language or skills focus then play! See the activity suggestions for some fun games the kids can play in pairs or small groups.
* Bingo games and craft - Print and laminate these bingo card sets for multiple use and/or use the provided templates for students to create their own.
* Draw and write templates - a range of templates, with and without guidelines for kids to complete any related project.
* Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Mini-cards - Excellent for a range of games and matching tasks. Print multiple sets for pair and small group work.
* Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games.
If you are interested in helping kids learn English through stories, songs and craft, please get in touch. I'm keen to collaborate with like-minded people and welcome feedback.
If you like this resource you might be interested in some of our other story themed resources:
My Teacher is a Monster Activity Pack
Eat Your Peas Activity Pack - Daily routines, food, places in a town
Walking through the Jungle Activity Pack - Learn English through Craft
One Duck Stuck Activity Pack - Learn through Stories and Craft
Elmer Activity Pack - Learn through Stories and Craft
After you've had a chance to use this product, we'd really appreciate it if you could visit us again to leave your feedback and comments. It really helps us improve our resources.
How to get TPT credit for future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases. We'd really love it if you'd rate our item after downloading! Feedback is so VERY important!
Follow our Store
Click on the green star next to our store logo to receive upcoming sales, freebie and product launches, and email updates!