The activities in this packet focus on using informational texts to teach students about plants and the life cycle of plants.
1. Anchor charts and vocabulary cards for word wall
2. “Busy Beans” Growing a bean plant activity sheet.
3. “The Great Plant Escape” Internet research activity
4. “Life Cycle of a Plant” mini reader
5. Mini reader comprehension questions
6. From Seed to Plant graphic organizer
7. From Seed to Plant comprehension questions
8. “What’s the Main idea?” card match and student activity sheet
9. “Sweet Dreams, Seed!” creative writing stationary
10. Plant life cycle diagram cards and student graphic organizer
11. Fact and Opinion whole group sentence sort
12. “Flower Power” fact and opinion card sort with answer sheet
13. Fact and Opinion student cut/paste sort
14. “Dare to Compare” Compare the text From Seed to Plant to the text How a Seed Grows using a Venn diagram. This addresses the Common Core Standard on Informational Literature: EALCC2RI9 Compares and contrasts the most important points presented by two texts by different authors.
15. Parts of a Flower flapbook
16. Plants Prewriting graphic organizer and stationary
17. From Seed to Plant comprehension scoot game