Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Save MONEY and TIME with this BUNDLED resource!
These two resources center on the beautiful novel, FRONT DESK by Kelly Yang. This is a perfect bundle, as you will get an INTERACTIVE MINI-BOOK to teach CHARACTER TRAITS as well as a STUDENT VOCABULARY NOTEBOOK to reinforce key words essential to the text.
The Common Core-aligned INTERACTIVE CHARACTER TRAITS MINI-BOOK asks students to go deeper into understanding seven of the characters in the novel: Mia; Mia’s Mom; Mia’s Dad; Jason; Mr. Yao; Lupe; and Hank.
Students analyze each character, choose three traits to describe him/her, and provide text evidence to support each trait. A “Character Traits” list is included for student reference.
The final page of the mini-book is a post-reading essay. Here, students choose either Mia or Jason and explain what that character learned about him/herself over the course of the novel.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THE INTERACTIVE CHARACTER TRAITS MINI-BOOK:
• a 9-page character trait analysis interactive mini-book, complete with a list of character traits for student support
• a choice of two interactive mini-book covers: color and printer-friendly black & white
• a “How to Use the Mini-Book” tip sheet
• a Common Core-alignment page
• a how-to page for assembling the mini-book
To complete the STUDENT VOCABULARY NOTEBOOK, students read the excerpt from the text and use context clues (or a dictionary) to determine “What It Is” and “What It Is Not.” They then create a drawing depicting the meaning of the word. A 2-page quiz is included to assess students' knowledge of the 20 terms.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THE STUDENT VOCABULARY PRODUCT:
• a How-to-Use This Resource page
• 2 student notebook covers: full color & black/white
• an 11-page Student Vocabulary Book for the novel, complete with graphic organizers based on the Frayer model and a student Vocabulary Word Checklist to keep track of completed work
• a 2-page Vocabulary Quiz
• a Teacher Answer Key
• 20 vocabulary word wall cards
The 20 vocabulary words in this product include:
manager; native; enclosing; generously; tattered; Goodwill; disheveled; immigrants; criteria; meticulous; nostalgic; interrogating; vacancy; tenses; resolve; waive; insurance fraud; cross-referenced; humiliation; investment
Rating after downloading is greatly appreciated.
Yours in Literacy,