Also included in
- Have you ever tried minimal pairs therapy for common phonological patterns and found that your students don't understand what you are asking them to do? What if you could read your student a story that explains their speech errors in a child-friendly manner (e.g., introducing the idea of "tail sound$51.75$57.50Save $5.75
- This highly requested Minimal Pairs Mega Bundle is for SLPs who want to:❶ Understand the minimal pairs approach with a comprehensive evidence review.❷ Implement minimal pairs using high quality cards, metaphors, and stories.It contains SEVEN resources in total: A comprehensive, 115 page Minimal Pair$114.75$127.50Save $12.75
- Minimal pairs therapy is one of the oldest and well-known phonological interventions. This comprehensive packet contains visual and metaphonological cues in the form of a child-friendly story to make "teaching the rule" easier to understand for children.✅-- This COMPLETE bundle contains 'toolkits' f$93.50$110.00Save $16.50
Have you ever tried minimal pairs therapy for and found that your students don't understand what you are asking them to do? What if you could read your student a story that explains their speech errors in a child-friendly manner (introducing the idea of front and back sounds), and then pair it with visuals and concepts that you can use to cue your student throughout the therapy process.
DOWNLOAD this toolkit if you want to:
❶ -- Understand the steps in minimal pairs therapy
❷ -- Complete familiarization and auditory discrimination tasks in a print or digital format
❸ -- Get a list of multisensory activity ideas to help teach the concept
❹ -- Have a set of high-quality minimal cards
❺ -- Use the print or digital story to introduce the phonological cues
❻ -- Evidence-based information about minimal pairs therapy
⭐This resource is intended to be the STARTING PLACE for minimal pairs therapy.⭐
FIRST Introduce the concept that there are Front sounds and Back sounds by reading the child-friendly story and completing some of the hands-on learning activities.
NEXT By using the print or digital version, complete familiarization and auditory discrimination activities so that your students understand and can hear the difference between the pairs.
THEN Use these Front and Back concepts as cues as you engage in drill-play games using the beautifully illustrated minimal pairs cards.
⭐DID YOU KNOW that this resource is part of a six-series bundle? You get a discount when you purchase the complete Minimal Pairs Toolkit ⭐
Word targets in this packet:
- Initial T-K (8 pairs - 16 cards)
- Initial D-G initial (8 pairs - 16 cards)
- Initial SH-S (8 pairs - 16 cards)
- Final T-K (8 pairs - 16 cards)
- Final D-G (8 pairs - 16 cards)
- Final SH-S (4 pairs - 8 cards)
✅ -- Evidence-based practice rationales and minimal pairs flowchart
✅ -- Multisensory activities to help support the phonological concept.
✅ -- Minimal pairs word lists
✅ -- Front and Back Sound visuals (in various sizes to fit on task boxes etc.)
✅ -- 88 minimal pairs cards in color + black and white
✅ -- A print and digital copy called ‘My Fronting Story’ and a BONUS ' My Backing Story' introduces the metalinguistic concepts of front and back sounds.
✅ -- A digital copy set of cards for familiarization and auditory discrimination
What SLP’s like you are saying:
❝ I LOVE using this resource to target fronting. I can just see in my student's eyes when it "clicks". The visuals are perfect and I highly recommend this resource overall!❞
❝ This resource just has everything you need as an SLP to teach fronting to a client. The amount of time, work, and knowledge that went into this product is clearly evident.❞
❝ I used the fronting story recently and it really seemed to click for my client! She engaged really well with it and it has set her up really well for therapy! I'll definitely be using this again!❞
❝ Oh my word, what a fantastic find! And best of all: NO PRINT ON iPAD!❞
❝ AMAZING resource!!! Love using this with my pre-K client! It has made so much of a difference❞
⭐FEEL PREPARED & GET THE MINIMAL PAIRS TOOLKIT BUNDLE!⭐
If you are looking for some more in this series then look at:
• The discounted bundle - this includes everything you see below at a sale price!
❤️ Rebecca Reinking is an SLP who works privately with children who have speech sound disorders. She has a particular interest in phonological interventions and strives to connect and collaborate with speech scientists to bridge the gap between research and clinical practice.
Watch my minimal pair videos on Instagram: @adventuresinspeechpathology
Learn more about phonological therapy and join my email list.
Send me an email: email@example.com