Take the Froot Loop Challenge by Meredith Avren, M.Ed., CCC-SLP (aka the Peachie Speechie !). This activity is designed to be used with real Froot Loops Cereal! (You can choose to use the black and white version and have the kids color in the rings instead of using real cereal if you want).
I developed this activity for use in my speech room with my articulation groups. You can easily adapt this activity to focus on math facts, sight words, or pretty much anything!
1 - Instruction sheet
2 - Color Froot Loops Challenge sheet with 100 little cereal ring pictures on it
3 - Black and White version of the Challenge sheet
Here is how it works:
(1) I challenge my students to say their target speech sound 100 TIMES in one session.
(2) I give each student a copy of the Froot Loop Challenge sheet
(3) I place a bowl of Froot Loops in the middle of the table
(4) Each time a student says an accurate production of their speech sound, they get a froot loop to place over one of the cereal pictures on their sheet
(5) Their goal is to have 100 accurate productions
(6) At the end of the session, I pass out plastic ziplock bags and the students dump their earned cereal into the bag and take it home with them as a treat!
I hope you enjoy this sweet freebie! Please pretty please leave feedback if you like it!
Want more freebies and ideas for the classroom? Follow me on instagram: @thepeachiespeechie or check out my blog: www.PeachieSpeechie.com or "like" my Peachie Speechie facebook page!
tag: Articulation Challenge