Also included in
- This money-saving WINTER FAVORITES BUNDLE includes book companions for FIVE winter classics!Your students will gain lots of literacy and reading skills as they engage in activities that go with their favorite winter stories!The Mitten by Jan BrettThe Jacket I Wear in the Snow by Shirley NeitzelFroze$28.00$35.00Save $7.00
This is a literacy pack to go with the book Frozen Noses by Jan Carr.
This book study pack can be used as a whole class activity, during small group guided reading time, or as individual student work. Simply copy a pack for each student. You may choose to implement pages that best fit your students' learning abilities.
This pack includes:
STORY ELEMENTS ACTIVITIES
- student unit cover page
- story elements
- making predictions
- snowman brace map
- story retell
- story events
- story clues
- can-have-are-need graphic organizers
MAKING CONNECTIONS ACTIVITIES
- making mental images
- giving my opinion
- text-to-self connections
- making words
- snowflake adjectives
- vocabulary word searches
- syllable sorting
- alphabetical order
- wintery words in the story
- write the room/pocket chart activity
- story recall
- events in the story/not in the story
- author's purpose
- main idea/theme
- fiction and non-fiction story elements
- true or false comprehension questions
- reading notes
- Favorite Winter Activities craftivity
LEARNING STANDARDS CHECKLISTS
- learning standards checklist charts for Common Core, TEKS, VA SOL
MORE WINTER BOOK STUDIES
Note: Leave feedback on my resource and you'll get $ off future purchases!
Permission by author for single classroom use only.
I love it when you share my products with your colleagues! Please do so legally, by purchasing additional licenses- they are available at a discounted price!
Uploading this product onto a platform for your own students to use during distance learning is permitted. In all other cases, uploading this product onto the internet (even to a personal/classroom website) is prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).