A real world approach to teaching mathematics and life numeracy skills.
A cut and laminate task, all resources provided.
This activity can be repeated multiple times as many different fruit combinations can be developed just like real life.
Differentiation available to suit different mathematics abilities and has various roles of responsibility.
This activity covers:
- fractions; adding fractions with common denominators
- decimals; adding decimal hundredths
- money; calculating giving change from a note
- calculators; working and using calculators to support problem solving
- multiplication; multiplying a fraction by a whole number with a calculator
- roles of responsibility with posters explaining their task (customer, weigher, calculator and cashier) that suit different abilities