“Fruit Vocabulary – Prepositions, Indefinite Articles, Singular and Plural Nouns – A Beginning Lesson For ELL, ESL, EFL, and ELD Students” can be used in a variety of ways to complement your existing ELD curriculum. This unit contains thirteen reproducible pages for classroom use, which focus on ELD vocabulary, prepositions (under and on), indefinite articles (a/an), regular singular and plural nouns, phonemic awareness, phonics, beginning writing (letters T and t), language, speaking, reading, and listening development.
Each reproducible worksheet includes teacher directions at the bottom of the page for ease of presentation, except for the phonemic awareness lesson, the 2-Fold Book lesson, and the Challenge Activity, “Create And Read Patterned Sentences.” These directions can be found at the end of the lesson material.
Also included are four teacher preparation pages which include: objectives, vocabulary, language charts (nouns, verbs, prepositions, prepositional phrases, indefinite/definite articles), and directions for the phonemic awareness lesson, the 2-Fold Book lesson, and the Challenge Activity – “Create and Read Patterned Sentences.”
Beginning/Emerging & Intermediate/Expanding English Language Learners in Grades K-2 should enjoy the worksheets and activities. Their communication skills will be enhanced as they are guided through the lessons as they practice listening, speaking, using the prepositions under and on, reading, writing the letters T and t, phonemic awareness (isolation/discrimination: using minimal pairs /a/ and /o – short o/), and phonics.
Student Reproducible Pages Include:
1) Directions at the bottom of the page for ease of presentation
2) Estimated time for each lesson/worksheet
3) Activities are included in the directions to make the presentation
fun and meaningful
4) An opening cover illustration page that can be used for warm
ups, previewing and reviewing lesson vocabulary, and language
5) Flash Cards, which focus on key vocabulary and key sentence
words (2 pages – 8 flash cards)
6) A worksheet for introducing the new vocabulary
7) A chant for children to learn and say, ”Look Under The Table”
8) Vocabulary Assessment worksheet
9) Regular Singular and Plural Nouns
10) A phonics and writing worksheet (letters T and t)
11) A language development worksheet – prepositions under and
12) Indefinite Articles (a/an) – Practice Language
13) Make and read-A-2-Fold Book about prepositions and fruit
14) An application page that allows students to draw and/or
write what they have learned about prepositions and fruit
Please adhere to all copyright laws. Use of this product, beyond classroom use for students, is prohibited. Please contact me if you wish to use this product for other purposes, as this is a violation of the intended copyright. Please note that multiple licenses are available at a reduced cost.