Childhood obesity is on the rise in Australia and worldwide. Alarming, fewer and fewer children recognise whole foods or understand the nutritional value they have to offer.
This resource will help you combat that trend in your own classroom. Combining high-quality photographs with a wide variety of open-ended teaching tools, this 41-page resource pack in a rich resource to support healthy eating, reading, classification, and learning about the natural world.
This resource is based around an additional selection of 12 delicious fruits commonly found in Australian supermarkets, and includes:
- vocabulary cards with high-quality photograph images
- Montessori-style 3-part nomenclature cards
- Bingo game for up to 6 players (picture and/or word matching)
- whole fruit and cross section cards for matching
- whole fruit and "how they grow" cards for matching
- whole page posters to display in the classroom or mount for other activities
There are so many options for how these resources can be used - the limit is your own imagination!
It is our sincere hope that this original, high-quality collection of teaching resources will support you to promote a Legacy of Learning in your own classroom.