This booklet lists the first hundred highest frequency words in the English language. Each sheet has been designed to provide a range of activities to develop automatic word recognition and use words in context. These activities will assist them to read fluently. The sheets can be used as an independent literacy centre activity.
There are 5 tasks:
1. Read the word multiple times.
2. Copy the word multiple times.
3. Recognise the word in different fonts.
4. Use the word in a sentence context.
5. Read the sentences to a buddy, teacher or caregiver.
Extension work: The student can write the word in their own sentence. They can look for the target word in a book.
I hope you find these useful!
Fry first hundred words
by Alison Seymour
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License