This activity will help you in teaching and reviewing sight words. The words that are used in this resource are from the first 200 words of the Fry's Sight Word List.
This game is included in my money saving 4 game sight word bundle
Check out the preview to see this product in action!
This set includes:
- Direction sheets (teacher prep, "letter to the students" and game directions)
- There are 200 one dollar bill word cards for the game
- Animals, fence pieces, and grass background
- Checklist (3 versions)
- First 200 Fry's sight word cards
Teacher prep needed:
For the game:
- Print out all the pages in color, next cut out all the animal pieces, fences pieces, and money cards( this can be done with a paper cutter). Next, follow the directions sheet to fold and put together the animal cards as well as the fence pieces.
- For added durability, print on card stock, or laminate.
- I would recommend using only about 100 words at a time, as 200 little dollar bills can be daunting for students, so decide which words you want to play the game with, and place the other dollar bills to the side.
For the word cards:
- Print out all the cards on card stock. Next, cut them out. Then hole punch the top left corner and put a ring around them so that you have a flip book of cards.
Idea of the game:
1. Player one will draw a dollar, and say the word on it. If said correctly, they get to keep the dollar. If they are unable to say the word correctly, put the bill at the bottom of the pile.
2. If you have enough money to “buy” one of the animals, you put the amount of money that is needed on the bottom of the pile you draw from, and then select the animal. You put the animal in the fenced area, and check off it’s place on your checklist.
3. The other players will continue to play in this way.
4. The first player to check off all the animals on their sheet wins.
Check out my other sight word items:
→ Ocean Game
→ Farm Game
→ Sight Word Swat Game
→ Board Games
→ Baseball Game
→ Restaurant Game
→ Fly Swat Game
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.