This activity will help you in teaching your students sight words. The words that are used in this resource are from the first 200 words of the Fry's Sight Word List.
This game is included in my money saving 4 game sight word bundle
Teacher Prep Needed:
For the game:
- Print out all the pages in color, next cut out all the animal cards( this can be done with a paper cutter). Then, cut out the white border that is around the game board pages, and glue them to the inside of a file folder. Glue the cover of this product to the front of the file folder, and the directions page to the back of the file folder.
- For added durability, print on card stock, or laminate.
- With there being 200 game cards, I divide up the sight words into about 75-100 cards, and rotate them out as to not overwhelm the students with too many cards. I keep each set of cards in Ziplock bags.
For the word cards:
- Print out all the cards on card stock. Next, cut them out. Then hole punch the top left corner and put a ring around them so that you have a flip book of cards.
This set includes:
- Game board
- Student direction sheet
- 200 ocean word cards for the game
- First 200 Fry's sight word cards
Idea of the game
- Player one will draw a card, and say the word on it. If they say it correctly, they place the card on the game board on top of it’s matching item (if you have a crab, place it on top of the crab, etc…).
- Next, they will place a check on their checklist sheet. If they are unable to say the word, they put the card back in the pile (and don’t put a check on their sheet).
- The other players will continue to play in this fashion.The first player to check off all the animals on their sheet wins. However, continue playing until all the cards are gone! When done, shuffle and play again
Check out my other sight word items:
→ Ocean Game
→ Farm Game
→ Sight Word Swat Game
→ Board Games
→ Baseball Game
→ Restaurant Game
→ Fly Swat Game
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.