This exciting game contains the first two hundred words from the Fry's Sight Word List. One person will call out the sight word, and two students will race to swat the bug which contains the sight word. The student who swats the correct bug first gets to keep the bug. At the end of the game, the student who has the most bugs wins! This game can be played as a whole class in teams, or as a small group in a center.
This game is included in my money saving 4 game sight word bundle
This set includes:
- 200 bug sight word cards (ants, flies, spiders, and bees)
- Recording sheet
- Fry's first 200 sight word list
- Game directions
Teacher prep needed:
- To play this game you will need 2 fly swatters. These can be bought for a low price at stores such as The Dollar Store, and Walmart.
- You will need to print, and cut out the sight word bugs. For added durability I recommend printing them on card stock and laminating.
- If you decide to use the optional student recording sheet, you will need to print out one sheet per student. To use this sheet over and over agin, you can laminate it, and have the students write on it with dry erase markers too.
Check out my other sight word items:
→ Ocean Game
→ Farm Game
→ Sight Word Swat Game
→ Board Games
→ Baseball Game
→ Restaurant Game
→ Fly Swat Game
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.