Looking for sight word practice that keeps your students motivated? Word drills are just what you need!
Word drills are a great way for students to practice their sight words. Each day they practice reading their words, they can challenge themselves to read more than they did the day before. This set of word drills includes Fry’s First 500 words.
Students can easily work toward recall mastery of Fry’s First 500 in just a few minutes a day. These word drills are designed for repeated use throughout the week. Students practice reading the words for 2 minutes each day (give students more or less time at your discretion).
Each set of word drills covers 100 words from Fry’s High Frequency word lists. The drills are then broken down (in order) into smaller groups. There are 10 word drills and 25 word drills. This means that the same 10 or 25 words are repeated on the page. The lists are broken down in order and numbered in the upper right hand corner of each page. (Please see preview).
The words to be practiced on each page are easily identified by the dark, bold font that you see in the first row/rows of the practice page. This is a built in tool to help you quickly see which words are being practiced. Those same words are then repeated on the page in a thinner font.
There are two versions of each list of words. One version allows you to track student progress right on the page throughout the week. The other does not include the tracking option.
These word drills can be used in a number of ways:
- As part of your small group instruction
- In a literacy center
- As a fast finisher activity
- Send it home for practice
The following is included with your purchase:
- Fry’s First 100 – 10 Word Drills
- Fry’s First 100 – 25 Word Drills
- Fry’s Second 100 – 10 Word Drills
- Fry’s Second 100 – 25 Word Drills
- Fry’s Third 100 – 10 Word Drills
- Fry’s Third 100 – 25 Word Drills
- Fry’s Fourth 100 – 10 Word Drills
- Fry’s Fourth 100 – 25 Word Drills
- Fry’s Fifth 100- 10 Word Drills
- Fry’s Fifth 100 – 25 Word Drills
Be sure to take look at the preview.