Includes all of Fry's first 100 word strips PLUS 200 sentence strips ALL numbered and checklisted!
This is an engaging activity for students to practice their sight words by having to read the word, type it on the keyboard, then mark it on the check off list. This is then followed up with further practice having each word in the context of a complete sentence to read, type and mark off. Student simply gets the set he/she needs along with a keyboard & scrabble word holder and is ready to go.
Students will work at their own pace for this activity, so I have included an individual tracking page to make it easy for kids to see where they are up to. This activity can be colour coded if you wish, so that each word/sentence strip set and correlating checklist are matching colours.
This resource pack includes:
- Set Up Instructions
- List of Fry’s first 100 words
- Keyboards x 2 (black & white)
- Student Instructions for My Typing Word Lists and My Typing Sentences
- Individual tracking sheet
- Library pocket labels
- My Typing Word List check lists. 1-10
- My Typing Sentences check lists. 1-20
- 50 word strips - Fry’s first 100 words
- 200 sentence strips using Fry’s first 100 words
** You will need scrabble word holders for this activity **
You might also be interested in Fry's Keyboarding 2 - Sight Words & Sentence Strips - Fry's Second 100 Words