PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This product contains 10 colorful and engaging game boards containing the first 200 words from the Fry's sight word list. Each game board contains 20 sight words. The game boards also come in black and white so that you can send them home with students for extra practice.
This game is included in my money saving 4 game sight word bundle
This game includes:
- Direction sheet
- 10 game boards (there is a color version and a black and white version of each)
- die, spinner, and game markers (there is a color version and a black and white version of each)
Idea of this activity:
1. Students will choose a game board to play, and a character.
2. Students will place their game character on the start space.
3. Next, roll the dice, or spin the spinner. Then, move your game marker the number of spaces that it says.
4. Read the word of the space that you land on aloud. If the word is read correctly, you stay on that space. If not, move back to the space that you were on.
5. Continue playing this way, and the first person to reach the finish square wins!
Teacher Prep Needed:
* You will need to print out the game boards single sided and in color. Or you can use the black and white versions-- these would also be great to send home with students to practice.
* If you choose to use the die or the spinner, you will need to print it, and assemble. Also if you choose to use the included game characters you will need to assemble them (medium size binder clips are needed). IF you don't choose to use these items, you can also use any die, or game makers that you have in the classroom.
Check out my other sight word items:
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.