This game will help you in teaching your students sight words. The words that are used in this resource are from the Fry's Sight Word List -- words 200 - 400.
This set includes:
- Game mat (3 versions -- one of them is editable so that you can differentiate the game as needed)
- Student direction sheet
- 200 dollar bill word cards for the game
- Note to the students to create excitement around the game
- Food pieces to play the game
Idea of the game
This game is for 2-6 players at a time
1. Pass out one game mat to each student playing. Then, place the sight word money and the food in the middle of all the players.
2. Choose a player to go first. That player will draw a sight word dollar. They will say the word aloud. If they say the word aloud correctly they keep the dollar.
3. The next players will continue to play doing the same thing.
4. Once the player has enough money to buy a piece of food, they will put the amount of money that they need to buy the item at the bottom of the money pile. Then, they will place the piece of food on their tray. You only buy one of each item. The player who has bought all five items first wins.
** Depending on how many players you have playing, you don't need to use all the dollar bill cards at once. So you could pick certain words off the list that your students need the repetition with the most.
Teacher Prep Needed:
To use this game you will print off all the items in color and single sided. You will need to print off enough game mats for each player. Lastly, you will need to cut out all the items. Prior to cutting out everything, I recommend laminating the items for added durability so that this game can be used over and over again!
Check out my other sight word items:
→ Ocean Game
→ Farm Game
→ Sight Word Swat Game
→ Board Games
→ Baseball Game
→ Restaurant Game
→ Fly Swat Game
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.