This Medieval Europe Package has everything you need to teach fun and engaging lessons. You receive a Unit Lesson Plan, a large selection of activities, PowerPoint, guided notes, tests, and much more.
You can check out my Mega Unit Bundle: 8 units – Medieval Period to World War II
If you like this package, you might also like the following units:
This is what you get in this package:
1. Medieval Unit Lesson Plan (90 minute class periods) - 12 School Days
2. Learning Targets and Study Guide - Includes a unit overview, 11 learning targets, 2 essential standards, and a self evaluation students can take to assess their understanding of the content being taught. Also includes a list of terms, people, and events students must know to master the learning target.
3. Medieval PowerPoint that Includes: Rise of Germanic Kingdoms, Charlemagne, Vikings, Feudalism, Medieval Warfare, Manorialism, The Medieval Church, Rise of Islam, The Crusades, Economic Recovery, Royal Power, Black Death, and the Hundred Years’ War
4. Guided Fill-in-the-Blank Notes - Matches the PowerPoint
5. Summative Medieval 30 Question Test with Key - Also included: Modified Test with Key
6. Primary & Secondary Source Worksheet with Handout - Introduces or reviews the basics of Primary and Secondary Sources
7. Feudalism: Stop & Think Activity - Asks students to answer the question "Why Feudalism begins in Europe."
8. Code of Chivalry Essay Assignment - Students are asked to write an essay about the Code of Chivalry. They will need to apply the Code of Chivalry to today's standards and look to see if the Code of Chivalry still applies and/or exists today. Would there be problems for a person if every point in the Code of Chivalry were followed in present times? These are the type of questions students would need to address in their essay.
9. Coat of Arms Project - Students are to research and reproduce their family Coat of Arms using specific websites for research. A shield is provided for students to recreate their Coat of Arms. Students need to discuss how the information they find does or does not apply to their family today.
10. Medieval Manor Activity – With a neighbor in class, students are to answer questions based off of a visual provided of a manor. Great class opener.
11. Medieval Church Sourcework Worksheet with Key - A great worksheet that combines Primary and Secondary Source information with 11 questions students need to answer.
12. Crusaders Account by Sir Guy Worksheet - Primary source account of the Crusades with questions that students need to answer.
13. Pope Urban II’s Call to Arms Worksheet - Primary source from Pope Urban II’s Call to Arms with questions that students need to answer.
14. Black Death Newspaper Project - A fun project using large poster paper that has students create a front page of a newspaper during the outbreak of the Bubonic Plague
15. Black Death Sourcework Worksheet with Key - A great worksheet that combines Primary and Secondary Source information with 15 questions students need to answer.
16. Black Death – Guided Viewing Questions for History Channel Video with Key - Guided viewing questions for part of History Channel’s The Dark Ages: The Fall of Civilization, the Rise of a New World Order
17. Black Death Activity– With a neighbor in class, students are to answer questions based off of a visual provided on the spread of the
Black Death. Great class opener.
18. Black Death – Finish the Story Assignment - Students are presented with a story of the Black Plague coming to their community and are required to finish the story however they see fit.
19. Medieval Research Project - A large encompassing project that covers all aspects of the Medieval Period. Students are required to have a visual aide for their topic, give an oral report to the class using their visual aide, and a typed paper on the topic. Each topic has a different idea for a visual aide included in the informational handout.
Choose any or all of the activities, projects, or worksheets that caters to your style and how your class learns. Have a great time teaching about the Medieval Period!
The Historian, World History Lesson Plans, World History grade 10, lesson plans, worksheets, medieval history, 10th grade history, projects, activities, printables, middle ages, High school history