MEETS UPDATED 2018 CURRICULUM!
This full, comprehensive unit covers all expectations for the Ontario Grade 8 History – Canada’s Changing Society (1890 – 1914) strand. It is delivered through a combination of informational texts, consolidation questions and inquiry-based activities that engage students.
The unit contains 13 complete lessons with consolidation questions, a detailed Unit Overview for planning, a consolidating Timeline Activity to review unit concepts and a student-driven, inquiry based Culminating Task.
All files are included in both .doc and .pdf format, so everything is editable, allowing you to customize the learning experience for your students.
Unit Lesson Topics:
- Industrialization: Daily Life
- Industrialization: the Workplace
- Fighting for Worker Rights
- Commercial Whaling and the Inuit
- Impacts of Cultural Diversity
- Impacts of the British Empire
- Impacts of the United States
- Immigration to Canada
- Life as a New Immigrant
- Canada’s Responses to Immigration
- Racism and Discrimination
- First Nations and Assimilation
- Canadian Women Fighting for Change
- Consolidation Timeline
- Culminating Task – The Greatest Changemaker
A complete unit all ready to go - just print and teach!