MEETS UPDATED 2018 CURRICULUM!
This full, comprehensive unit covers all expectations for the Ontario Grade 7 History – Conflicts and Challenges (1800 – 1850) strand. It is delivered through a combination of informational texts, consolidation questions and inquiry-based activities that engage students.
The unit contains 13 complete lessons with consolidation questions, a detailed Unit Overview for planning, a consolidating Timeline Activity to review unit concepts and a student-driven, inquiry based Culminating Task.
All files are included in both .doc and .pdf format, so everything is editable, allowing you to customize the learning experience for your students.
Unit Lesson Topics:
- Life in Town
- Life in the Backwoods
- Life as an Aboriginal Person
- The United States Declares War
- Key Events – War of 1812
- Settlements after the War
- Immigration to Canada
- Conflict in the West
- Rising Tensions in Canada
- Unrest in Upper and Lower Canada
- Rebellions and Riots
- Other Political Groups in Canada
- Consolidating Timeline Activity
- Inquiry Based Culminating Task
A complete unit all ready to go - just print and teach!