This unit meets all Ontario Science 8 Curriculum Expectations for the Understanding Life Systems - Cells Strand. It is delivered through a combination of hands on activities, Predict-Observe-Explain class demonstrations and informational student texts. With 11 separate lessons, 2 options for culminating tasks and 6 Predict-Observe-Explain demonstrations, it’s a complete unit ready to go!
- Characteristics of Living Things, Cell Theory
- Compound Microscope, Biological Drawings
- Microscope Skills Labs (wet and dry mounts)
- Animal vs Plant Cells, Cell Diagrams
- Cell Membrane
- Diffusion and Osmosis
- Endocytosis and Exocytosis
- Unicellular and Multicellular Organisms
- lab work
- culminating task
- culminating unit test
6 fully tested Predict-Observe-Explain class demonstrations with instructions and student sheets integrated throughout the unit!
Just print and teach!