This is the first lesson of a scheme of work in about Medieval Castles.
The focus of the lesson is to evaluate pupils prior knowledge about Castles.
During the lesson pupils will:
- Create a spider diagram identifying prior knowledge about Castles.
- Create a drawing/diagram to display what pupils think a Castle should look like.
- Watch a video explaining key aspects of the design a castle.
- Analyse and explain images to identify the differences between a Castle and a house.
- Complete a short writing frame to highlight their own knowledge and understanding.
This lesson is ready to teach and includes all worksheets and resources needed.
This lesson is aimed towards a year 7 class in England but could be easily adapted for other levels.
If you buy this lesson, please leave a review to tell me what you think.