This is the second lesson of a scheme of work in about Medieval Castles.
The focus of the lesson is to have pupils evaluate the best place to build a castle.
During the lesson pupils will:
- Pupils discuss why an important person such as a king might want to build a castle.
- Analyse picture of Dover Castle and evaluate its position on a hill next to the coast.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of building a castle on top of a hill or in the middle of a forest.
- Complete a mapping activity to identify the best place to build a castle based on previous learning in the lesson.
- Complete a PEA paragraph to explain their choice of position.
This lesson is ready to teach and includes all worksheets and resources needed.
This lesson is aimed towards a year seven class in England but could easily be adapted for other levels.
If you buy this lesson, please leave a review to tell me what you think.