This is a full lesson from a scheme of work about the Industrial Revolution. This lesson is aimed towards key stage three in England but could easily be adapted for other levels and curricula.
The focus of the lesson is to investigate the importance of coal during the Industrial Revolution and evaluate and suggest solutions for the problems facing coal miners.
During the lesson pupils will:
- Try to guess the subject of the lesson based on some clues.
- Investigate how coal was used and evaluate the actions of a steam engine.
- Identify problems facing coal miners and suggest possible solutions that could be implemented.
- Compare pupil generated solutions with real solutions.
- Write and peer assess a PEE paragraph to evaluate learning from the lesson.
This lesson is ready to teach and includes all worksheets and resources needed.
If you buy this lesson, please leave a review to tell me what you think.