Are you new to AP Spanish? Are you overwhelmed by the new themes and teaching a content-based advanced language course? Than this is exactly what you need. This 123 page product will help guide you through the third unit of the year with detailed daily lessons and pre-made activities with answer keys. The unit takes about 5 weeks to teach.
This unit follows my college board approved syllabus that you can download for free.
Just submit the syllabus to College Board and follow these plans and your students can be as prepared as mine were for the 2014 -2017 exams. All students got 3’s or higher with an average score of 4.1 - all 4 years.
These are daily lesson plans for the AP Spanish Language and Cultures Theme Beauty and Aesthetics. The plans require the textbook Temas (Temas, AP Spanish Language +Culture By Vista Higher Learning) and either AP Spanish, Preparing for the Language and Culture exam( by Pearson) or other AP style practices.
The unit plan contains:
Daily plans with activities and suggested time frame
grammar practices with ser-estar and adjectives
test sections for my supplemental material
A free reading project
A unit review
The print and video sources with accompanying activities are designed to complement/ supplement tema 3 of the AP Language and Culture textbook Temas, Beauty and Aesthetics. A full answer key is included for all discrete items.
- A 1 ½ page reading about Luis Barragán and his home/ study with 15 true/ false questions
- A 2 ½ page reading about the definitions of Creativity with 8 short answer free response questions
- A 2 page reading, Las Meninas, La Familia de Felipe IV with 12 short answer free response questions
- a 1 ½ page reading about the dialect of Spanish spoken in Texas- Incomprensible Castellano- with 10 true/false questions, 1 quotation to explain and 13 vocabulary identifications
- A video about Diego Rodríguez de Silva y Velázquez, “Velázquez, Pintor de los Pintores” with 6 matching questions and 12 true/ false questions. This video streams for free without an account.
- A documentary about Incan architecture and construction techniques, Tawaintisuyo Exploración inca – The documentary is divided into two parts- each part has two episodes.
Part 1 has 7 multiple choice questions, 17 true/ false questions and nine matching vocabulary identifications
Part 2 has 10 true/ false questions, 9 multiple choice questions and 11 matching vocabulary identifications
- Los Aztecas- La Construcción de un Imperio- part 1 has 15 multiple choice questions and 5 true/ false, part 2 has 13 multiple choice questions and 17 true/ false, part 3 has 8 matching questions, 10 multiple choice and 22 true/ false
This is a vocabulary unit designed for an AP Spanish Language and Culture class. It was created to complement and supplement the textbook Temas. The practices are fill in the blank, identifications, logical or not and write your own sentence in style. An answer key is provided for all discrete items.
The Vocabulary unit contains:
- A 5 page vocabulary list with the words in Spanish, in English and a definition in Spanish
The list is divided into the six contexts for the unit and the cinema short “Arte Precolombino.” The first three contexts were called vocabulary 3-1 and the last three with the cinema short words were called vocabulary 3-2.
- 3 vocabulary 3-1 practice overheads
- 2 homework reviews for vocabulary 3-1
- 1 vocabulary quiz for vocabulary 3-1
- 3 vocabulary 3-2 practice overheads
- 2 homework reviews for vocabulary 3-2
- 1 vocabulary quiz for vocabulary 3-2
- 1 all vocabulary 3 homework review
- 1 all vocabulary 3 overhead
- 2 vocabulary sections for the unit test
Do you need other unit plans.
Kirsten Cox, Spanish, AP / IB, advanced listening and reading, comprensión auditiva, comprensión de lecturas, clases avanzadas, art, arte, beauty, belleza