Are you new to AP Spanish? Are you overwhelmed by the new themes and teaching a content-based advanced language course? Than this is exactly what you need. This 150 page product will help guide you through the first unit of the year with detailed daily lessons and pre-made activities with answer keys.
This unit follows my college board approved syllabus that you can download for free at
Just submit the syllabus to College Board and follow these plans and your students can be as prepared as mine were for the 2014 exam. All students got 3’s or higher in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
These are daily lesson plans for the AP Spanish Language and Cultures Theme, Family and Community. The plans require the textbook Temas (Temas, AP Spanish Language +Culture By Vista Higher Learning) and either AP Spanish, Preparing for the Language and Culture exam( by Pearson) or other AP style practices.
The unit plan contains:
Daily plans with activities and suggested time frame
A class overview/ syllabus
grammar practices with prepositions and past tenses
test sections for my supplemental material
- “Familia Moderna”- article about the changes and roles of the family in modern society, 10 free response questions
- “Radio 5 Información - Día Mundial Contra el Trabajo Infantil: combatiendo la explotación infantil - 12/06/13”- article about International Day against Child Labor and Child Domestic Labor in particular, 9 free response questions
- La Familia, Escuela de Virtudes (hasta 10:30)- interview that discusses how families teach values, 10 free response questions
new link 9/15/16
- “El trabajo Infantil doméstico, millones de cenicientas de verdad”, video about child domestic labor abuses in Guatemala, 10 multiple choice and 5 true/ false questions
- “No te Metas a mi Facebook” por Esteman- comical song/ video about the disadvantages of social media in modern life, 8 free response questions
- Los Serrano, episode 1 (14:30)- 8 matching character identifications, 11 true/ false plot questions and 6 multiple choice plot questions
new link 9/15/16
A full vocabulary unit:
The practices are fill in the blank, identifications, logical or not and write your own sentence in style. An answer key is provided for all discrete items.
- A 4 page vocabulary list with the words in Spanish, in English and a definition in Spanish
The list is divided into the six contexts for the unit and the cinema short “Ella o Yo”. The first three contexts were called vocabulary 1-1 and the last three with the cinema short words were called vocabulary 1-2.
- 3 vocabulary 1-1 practice overheads
- 2 homework reviews for vocabulary 1-1
- 1 vocabulary quiz for vocabulary 1-1
- 3 vocabulary 1-2 practice overheads
- 2 homework reviews for vocabulary 1-2
- 1 vocabulary quiz for vocabulary 1-2
- 1 all vocabulary 1 homework review
- 1 all vocabulary 1 overhead
- 1 vocabulary section for the unit test
- “Cajas de cartón” por Francisco Jiménez-
A 15 page reading divided into 2 parts with summary, prediction and comparison free response writing activities
- “Mi Nombre”
A brief introduction to the author, Sandra Cisneros, a one page reading from the book, La Casa en Mango St., 10 free response questions to discuss
- "Si me permiten hablar"
A 7 page Reading with10 free response questions to discuss
*The readings “Cajas de cartón” and "Si me permiten hablar" are in the common domain. The selection “Mi Nombre” is only one page of a larger work and thus is available under the provisions of fair use. All three selections are included for your convenience.
- "Madre Gallega"
There is a brief introduction to the author and the Naturalist movement, a 7 page story, 10 multiple choice questions, 11 short answer questions about the plot and 11 short answer questions about figurative language.
An answer key is provided for all discrete items.
This unit takes 5-6 weeks to teach.
*The readings “Cajas de cartón”, "Madre Gallega" and "Si me permiten hablar" are in the common domain. The selection “Mi Nombre” is only one page of a larger work and thus is available under the provisions of fair use. All four selections are included for your convenience.
Do you need other Full Unit Plans for AP?
Full Unit Plan for Science and Technology Unit
Full Unit Plan for Public and Private Identities
Full Unit Plan for Contemporary Life
Kirsten Cox, AP Spanish Language and Culture