Exhausted by prep? Tired of spending nights and weekends reinventing the curriculum wheel? This HUGE collection of materials (1,500+ slides and 800+ pages) will take the prep load off your back and give you every slide, every handout, and every day’s detailed lesson procedure tagged with targeted Common Core State Standards for 180 days (36 weeks) of English 9 or English 10. (The CCSS groups Eng. 9 and 10 together. This bundle is one year of course work for either of those levels.)
This curriculum package was designed to help first-year teachers find their footing, give fresh tools/inspiration to experienced teachers, and provide homeschool families a clear path to high school English success. Use these print-and-go materials exactly as they are for the entire school year or as a foundation as you create your own class.
What’s included? Click below to learn more about individual items. Those without a link are exclusive to this download. Due to font and software licensing rules, all items are uneditable unless otherwise marked.
Organization and procedures:
• Month-at-a-glance calendar set (PDF + editable MS Excel version)
• Detailed lesson overviews for 180 days, labeled with each day’s targeted CCSS (180 pages PDF + editable MS Word version)
• Course Outline
• Final semester exams (Two options for each semester: 100-question scantron-style option and short-answer option)
• 5-Minute Essay Grading ebook and code/rubric system (25-page ebook PDF and 26 more pages of handouts/support materials in PDF + editable MS Word files)
• Lit. Term Tuesday slides (+ links to instructor prep YouTube videos)
Writing Instruction Tools:
• Parts of Speech poster set (8 posters in a variety of colors and sizes)
• Six question station rotation answer grid
• Brain Teaser slides (four volumes)
If purchased separately, these items would cost over $275. This bundle, which also includes a 36-week calendar, 180 detailed daily lesson plans tagged with Common Core State Standard codes, and semester final exams, is just $199 – saving you more than 27% off the regular price!
Additional materials you’ll need to supply:
• Class sets of two major works – To Kill a Mockingbird (fall semester) and Romeo & Juliet (spring semester)
• Film versions of To Kill a Mockingbird and Romeo & Juliet
• Film version of The Princess Bride for the fairy tales lesson/Hero’s Journey unit (all films are less than $10 each on Amazon and available at most school and public libraries)
• Internet in your classroom to access podcasts, video support, and online Prezi and Google files
• Regular classrooms supplies such as printer paper, colored pencils, scissors, sticky notes, etc.
The calendar, daily lesson overviews, and essay rubrics/code sheets are included in PDF and editable MS Excel or MS Word files. Due to font and software licensing rules, all curriculum pieces (PDF, Prezi, Google Drive and PowerPoint files) are NOT editable.
The calendar follows a five-day-a-week, 55-minute class schedule. Teachers on a block or modified schedule will need to shift things to best fit their timetable. If you’d like to take a closer look at a PDF of the full calendar, please download a copy here.
Each day’s lesson plan is jam-packed with materials, so don’t be surprised if you have to cut some supplemental pieces. I built this full-year package to give you great value, realizing that some of us teach honors/pre-A.P. classes while others lead remedial classes. There’s enough material here for all levels and any extra materials could be used for differentiation or repurposed for other preps you teach. Answer keys are also included, of course.
Already recently purchased some of these items?
No worries – you don’t have to double-pay. After you purchase this full-year curriculum, let the TpT customer service folks know about individual items you’ve previously purchased via the refund request form here – https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Contact – and they’ll refund the cost of the individual items once they confirm your account history that shows the double-purchase. Please note that the maximum total refund that can be given is the cost of the bundle and that any refund requests must be submitted within one year of your purchase of the individual item/s. If you purchased items prior to a year ago, they will not qualify for a refund.
This purchase includes a license for just one teacher to use the materials solely with his/her direct students. This resource cannot be shared with colleagues or used by an entire school or district without purchasing the appropriate number of licenses.
The licensing agreement from TpT and copyright law prevent you from posting any of these materials online in any form. Posting of materials may happen ONLY within a password-protected environment intended to be accessed solely by your direct students, such as Google Classroom, MSTeams, or Schoology. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Weebly, Wix, Quizlet, etc.) is prohibited.
Thanks for stopping by!