Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Exhausted by prep? Tired of spending nights and weekends reinventing the curriculum wheel? This HUGE collection of materials (1,700+ slides and 850+ pages) will take the prep load off your back and give you every slide, every handout, and every day’s detailed lesson procedure tagged with targeted Common Core State Standards for 180 days (36 weeks) of English 9-10.
This curriculum package was designed to help first-year teachers find their footing, give fresh tools/inspiration to experienced teachers, and provide homeschool families a clear path to high school English success. Use these print-and-go materials exactly as they are for the entire school year or as a foundation as you create your own class.
What’s included? Click below to learn more about individual items. Those without a link are exclusive to this download.
Organization and procedures:
• Month-at-a-glance calendar set (9 pages PDF + editable MS Excel version)
• Detailed lesson overviews for 180 days, labeled with each day’s targeted CCSS (180 pages PDF + editable MS Word version)
• Course Outline (1 page PDF)
• Course Outline memes (20 slides PPT)
• How to Annotate handout (1 page PDF)
• Sustained Silent Reading materials (4 pages PDF)
• Final semester exams (Two options for each semester: 100-question scantron-style option (5 pages PDF each) and short-answer option)
• 5-Minute Essay Grading ebook and code/rubric system (25-page ebook PDF and 26 more pages of handouts/support materials in PDF + editable MS Word files)
• Lit. Term Tuesday slides (52 slides PPT + links to instructor prep videos)
• Commonly Confused Words, vol. 1, (54 slides PPT and 24 pages PDF)
Writing Instruction Tools:
• MLA explanation lecture and handouts (53 slides Prezi + 5 pages PDF)
• Greek & Latin Roots worksheets (5 pages PDF)
• Power of Punctuation lecture and handout (24 slides Prezi + 1 page PDF)
• Email Netiquette lecture and activities (15 slides Prezi + 7 pages PDF)
• Personal Narrative writing unit (21 pages PDF; 56 slides Prezi and PPT)
• Thesaurus Abuse worksheet (1 page PDF)
• How to Embed Quotes lecture and handouts (30 slides PPT and 2 pages PDF)
• Plagiarism game-based lecture (38 slides + 1 page, all in PDF)
• Argument writing unit (37 slides Prezi + 17 pages PDF)
• Logical Fallacies lecture and handouts (59 slides Prezi + 4 pages PDF)
• Rhetoric of Editorial Cartoons lecture and handout (36 slides Prezi + 1 page PDF)
• Research-based writing using a blog-based approach (25 slides Prezi + 7 pages PDF)
• Parts of Speech poster set (8 PDF posters in a variety of colors and sizes)
• Words to Live By, poetry compare/contrast activity (7 pages PDF)
• Short story unit that focuses on nine classic tales (76 pages PDF and 71 slides in Prezi and PPT)
• Edgar Allan Poe video-based biography lesson (5 pages PDF)
• Six question station rotation answer grid (1 page PDF)
• Poetry unit (147 slides Prezi + 58 pages PDF)
• Romeo and Juliet unit (159 slides in Prezi and PPT + 70 pages PDF)
• Situational, Verbal, and Dramatic Irony lesson (10 pages PDF)
• To Kill a Mockingbird novel unit (108 slides in Prezi and PPT and 99 pages PDF)
• Hero’s Journey and modern film lecture and speech assignment (77 slides Prezi and 6 pages PDF)
• Princess Bride fairy tale study (18 pages PDF)
• Listen & Learn bundle of five podcast-based lessons (25 pages PDF)
• Steve Jobs and the Tools of Rhetoric lesson (3 pages PDF)
• Trophy Syndrome, a non-fiction lesson on modern issues (5 pages PDF)
• Worksheet to use with any graduation speech (1 page PDF)
• Bug Bites, a non-fiction/informational text lesson (5 pages PDF)
• Sweet Dreams, a non-fiction/informational text lesson (5 pages PDF)
• Fear Factors, a non-fiction/informational text lesson (5 pages PDF)
• Billions in Change video-based lesson (5 pages PDF)
• Worksheet to use with any TED Talk (1 page PDF)
• 10 Supreme Court Cases Every Teen Should Know lesson (10 pages PDF)
• Current Events grid assignment (1 page PDF)
• First Day of School stations activity (40 pages PDF)
• Analogies overview lecture and practice worksheets (11 pages PDF and 17 slides Prezi)
• Brain Teaser slides (four volumes = 304 slides PPT)
• Word ADDiction game (1 page PDF)
• Just Give the Word game (1 page PDF)
• Tearable Puns (9 pages PDF)
• Micro-Fiction, two-sentence storytelling overview and practice worksheet (20 slides Prezi + 2 pages PDF)
If purchased separately, these items would cost $260.32. This bundle, which also includes a 36-week calendar, 180 detailed daily lesson plans, and semester final exams, is just $199 – saving you more than 20% off the regular price!
Additional materials you’ll need to supply:
• Class sets of two major works – To Kill a Mockingbird (fall semester) and Romeo & Juliet (spring semester)
• Film versions of To Kill a Mockingbird and Romeo & Juliet
• Film version of The Princess Bride for the fairy tales lesson/Hero’s Journey unit (all films are less than $10 each on Amazon and available at most school and public libraries)
• Internet in your classroom to access podcasts, video clips, and Prezi files
• Regular classrooms supplies such as printer paper, colored pencils, scissors, sticky notes, etc.
The calendar, daily lesson overviews, and essay rubrics/code sheets are included in PDF and editable MS Excel or MS Word files. Due to font and stock photo licensing rules, all curriculum pieces (PDF, Prezi, and Powerpoint files) are NOT editable.
The calendar follows a five-day-a-week, 55-minute class schedule. Teachers on a block or modified schedule will need to shift things to best fit their timetable. If you’d like to take a closer look at a PDF of the full calendar, please download a copy here.
Each day’s lesson plan is jam-packed with materials, so don’t be surprised if you have to cut some supplemental pieces. I built this full-year package to give you great value, realizing that some of us teach honors/pre-A.P. classes while others lead remedial classes. There’s enough material here for all levels and any extra materials could be used for differentiation or repurposed for other preps you teach. Answer keys are also included, of course.
Already purchased some of these items?
No worries – you don’t have to double-pay. After you purchase this full-year curriculum, let the TpT customer service folks know about individual items you’ve previously purchased via this Google Form and they’ll refund the cost of the individual items once they confirm your account history that shows the double-purchase. Please note that the maximum total refund that can be given is the cost of the bundle.
This purchase includes a license for just one teacher to use the materials solely with his/her direct students. This resource cannot be shared with colleagues or used by an entire school or district without purchasing the appropriate number of licenses.
The licensing agreement from TpT and copyright law prevent you from posting any of these materials online in any form. Posting of materials may happen ONLY within a password-protected environment intended to be accessed solely by your direct students, such as Google Classroom or Edmodo. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Weebly, Wix, Quizlet, etc.) is prohibited.
Thanks for stopping by!