This vocabulary unit contains:
· 10 PowerPoint slideshows – one for each set of 10 SAT words
· A “notes” sheet where they can record the vocabulary words
· 10 cumulative quizzes/tests, keys included
· 10 “study stories,” including a fill-in-the-blank copy of each that can be used as a practice quiz
· A final 40 question unit test and key.
All tests and study stories are Microsoft Word documents so that you may edit them according to your needs. Each quiz and key has its own document, so there is no searching/scrolling or accidentally running off the key. (Oops!)
. Using a word bank, the student must read sentences and use context clues and their knowledge of the vocabulary words to determine which answer is appropriate and fill in the blank. Not all of the words in the word bank are used.
My students find these quizzes challenging. I usually alternate and make the odd numbered sets quiz grades and the even numbered sets test grades.