Never make copies for Bellwork or Homework again and have quizzes ready in easy to grade multiple choice and matching form for vocabulary and grammar for the entire year!
Students will have five minutes to record their jumpstart into their interactive notebooks.
The Jumpstarts will be used for vocabulary and grammar quizzes.
Included in the Jumpstart are:
Daily Grammar Term
Word of the Day with defintion
Quote of the Week for copying on Mondays and Fridays
Latin Root/Stem of the Week for copying/memorizing Tuesdays through Thursdays
1st Quarter Grammar Focus: Parts of Speech
2nd Quarter Grammar Focus: Punctuation and Capitalization
3rd Quarter Grammar Focus: Functions of Words in Sentences
4th Quarter Grammar Focus: Sentence Revisions
Students have the opportunity to respond to the Quote of the Week during "Free Write Friday"
Documents included in the zip file are:
- A PowerPoint for each quarter with roughly 40 vocabulary words and grammar terms
- A Word document for easy editing for each quarter
- 12 Vocabulary matching quizzes in sets of ten words (3-4) for each quarter *with answer key
- 12 Grammar quizzes organized in groups of topics/terms (3-4 per quarter) with answer key Matching and Multiple Choice
- Links to Kahoot for each vocabulary quiz review so students have fun and get to use technology to review the day before the WOD (vocab word of the day) quiz
The vocabulary is pulled straight from the 8th grade Collections curriculum for Unit 2:Theme of Horror and Units 3 and 4. First quarter vocabulary is grade level and connected to novels about "Culture and Belonging" but are not directly tied to the short stories in the HMH textbook.
With this resource, and my free homework resource, you will never need to make a copy or a worksheet for homework again!