This contains 9 fun picture book related centers for Read Across America week. They incorporate word work, math, movement, creativity & technology.
Each center is on a full page with color clip art and directions - ready to print.
Three of the centers have a Hall of Fame feature where students can put up their high scores. There is a reproducible Hall of Fame for each of those centers in color as well as black and white.
There are also 3 generic Hall of Fame posters for your use if you add your own centers.
Here are the books featured and activities:
1. Dr. Seuss's ABC: Making Word Wall words out of bean bags and tossing them.
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Use your imagination and create a character
3. If I Ran the Zoo: Use the computer and create a make-believe animal.
4. Ten Apples up on Top: Balancing beanbags on head. Hall of Fame for how many they can do!
5. If I Ran a Circus: Ball Toss
6. Green Eggs and Ham: spoon and egg walk
7. The Cat in the Hat: Toss the Cat into the hat (Easy directions for making the cats and a hat are included.) Measure the distance you were able to toss and put on Hall of Fame.
8. Hop on Pop: hopscotch
9. Horton Hatches the Egg: Keeping a balloon in the air. Has Hall of Fame poster.