Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This activity allows students to study direct and indirect characterization in a fun way. Students create life-size posters of each character and label direct and indirect characterizations on the poster. Students use text to support their ideas. The activity ends with a gallery walk where students display their products so that others can see their work and take notes. All necessary PowerPoints, note-taking guides, rubrics, and charts included!
This product includes:
• PowerPoint presentation on direct/indirect characterization
• Step-by-step plans & directions
• Note-taking guide for students
• Blank character chart for students to fill in
• Word documents that can be easily tailored by teacher
Materials Needed (not included):
• 5-foot-long sheet of butcher paper for each group (6 sheets total)
• Markers, crayons, etc.,
• Copies of Lord of the Flies
• 1.5 hours