"To refuse awards is another way of accepting them with more noise than is normal." Mark Twain (American humorist ~ 1835 - 1910)
Here are 40 fun end-of-the-year awards
for your German students, regardless of their level.
The award certificates are in English
* Have a picture of a famous German or German-related person;
* Give some biographical information about the person in capsule form;
* Have a place for you to add the name of your student;
* Have a place for your name as the German teacher;
* Show the date which can be changed from year to year, so these certificates can be used over and over again.
It's fun to decide who will get:
* The Dirk Nowitzki Award For A Slam Dunk Performance In German Class
* The Ernst Mach Award For Spectacular Speed In The Learning Of German
* The Marlene Dietrich Award For Angelic Behavior In German Class
* The Melitta Bentz Award For Perky Contributions In The German Classroom
There are 20 awards for girls and 20 awards for boys
- a total of 40 different awards, i.e., 40 different people for you to choose from.
I give the awards out in German 2 classes. I print them out in color and give them out about a week or two before the end of school by asking each student to come to the front of the room where I present the award. I just say the name of the award and the student's name.
At the same time I show the award on my overhead projector so the whole class can see it. The recipient then reads the award and the biographical information about the person out loud to the class.
These are the perfect award certificates to encourage your students to stay inspired and interested and inject some fun and humor into the classroom
Learning often occurs when students don't even realize they're learning, nicht wahr ? (43 pages)
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Vielen Dank.
* OF SPECIAL NOTE *
I have created my products as Word documents because that is how I use them. They are unlocked so teachers can change vocabulary words or modify things if they wish.
If you prefer a different format for the overhead, below are some suggestions, however, the pictures may need to be inserted separately.
To Make A Slide Show In ActivInspire
If you use ActivInspire, you can save the Word document as a pdf (this is easily done with the newer versions of Word), then you can simply import the pdf to ActivInspire and have a document for that format.
To Make A Slide Show In PowerPoint
If you prefer to use the PowerPoint format, you can easily convert a Word document to a PowerPoint.
This link explains it clearly: 'Creating A PowerPoint From A Word Document.'
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & grading & meetings & school clubs & planning & PD ?
If you're looking for more time-saving resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* Sub * Pac For German Class ~ Set 1
* Sub * Pac For German Class ~ Set 2
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 6 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 7 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 8 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 9 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 10 For German
Prefer a savings ?
* German * Class Bundle ~ $7.00 for 7 ready-to-use resources
* German Culture * Bundle
.. Each item only 99 cents. ..
* Wish * List Bundle For Vanessa
.. Available to any other German teacher, too. Quite a savings with over 500 pages. ..
Or want to create your own ?
* Wish * List Bundle
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For German
* Tissue * Box Project For German Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* Die Schultüte For German * Class
* A Light History Of The English Language For German Class
* The Color * Game For German Class .. Vorsicht. This can get pretty exciting ! ..
* The Use of du * ihr * Sie in German
* Telling Time * Pac For German Class
* Das Perfekt * Pac ~ Activities For German Class
* Menu * Project For German Class
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* The Two * Way Preposition Pac For German
* Wordle Activity * Pac For German .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital 'E' ! ..
* Practice * Pac ~ wissen und kennen
* Using An Online German-English Dictionary
Customs & Life in Germany
* Das Namensrecht * The German Naming Laws
.. Nice initial introduction to a cultural difference for the start of school when you let students pick a German name for class. ..
* The School * Pac For German
* Toi toi toi * And Other Customs In Germany
* Der Knigge ~ Manners Still Matter
* Wedding * Customs In Germany .. Fun to talk about right before Valentinstag. ..
* Food * Customs And Dining In Germany
* The Autobahn And Driving In Germany
* The Post * Pac For German Class
* Let's Talk Business: In German .. Perfect, too, for after the AP Exam. ..
* German-American Day * Famous People .. For October 6th ~ German-American Day. ..
* German-American Day Activities * Pac .. For October 6th ~ Easy activities to make this day special. ..
* German * American Day Bundle
* Mamie Eisenhower * Think Pink
.. It's free. .. Learn more about the seldom-talked-about wife of one of our most famous German-Americans, President Dwight D. Eisenhower. ..
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For German
.. Nice for Allerheiligen. ..
* The Christmas * Pac For German Class
* Nikolaustag * Pac For German
* German Christmas With Rick Steves
* Valentinstag ♥ Pac For German Class
* Valentinstag ♥ Carte For German Class
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 1 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday. ..
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 2 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday. This was such a hit in German 1, my students made me make a German 2 version. ..
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For German
.. Perfect for Muttertag im Mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For German 1
* Final * Exam For German 2
* Final * Exam For German 3
* Komm mit Level 1 ~ Video * Pac
* Komm mit Level 2 ~ Video * Pac
* Lotto * Pac For German .. Review more than just numbers with this fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Proverb * Pac For German Class
* Card Game * Pac For German Class
* Schokoladen * Fest For German Class
* Geography * Pac For German Class
* Schattenbilder * Silhouettes For German Class
* Rorschach * Inkblot Activity For German Class
* The Doctor * Is In For German Class
* The Extra Credit Word * Pac For German
* Food * Activity ~ Pass The Plate For German Class
* Bulletin * Board Bonanza For German Teachers
* Coat of Arms Project * For German Class
* The Weather * Pac For German
* The Calendar Activities * Pac For German Class
* Photo Scavenger * Hunt For German Class
.. Perfect for after the AP German Exam or for upper level students. ..
* Battleship * Pac For German .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* ABC-Büchlein For German .. Need a recruiting tool ? Try this. ..
* Monster * Project For German Class
* Chutes & Ladders Verb * Project For German Class
* Country Map * Project For German Class
.. Easy for German 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For German Class .. Nice way to end the year. ..
* End-of-Year Review * Activities For German
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 1
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 2
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 3
* Household * Chores Activities For German
* Relative Pronoun * Activity For German
* Verb Activity * Pac For German
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For German .. Nice for enlarging the vocabulary of your AP German students. ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Movie * Pac For German ~ Set 1
* Movie * Pac For German ~ Set 2
* Movie * Pac For German ~ Set 3
* Movie * Pac For German ~ Set 4 ~ Biographies
* Feature * Film ~ Nordwand (North Face) .. You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end ! ..
* Feature * Film ~ Woman In Gold
* Feature * Film ~ Race .. Nicely done bio-pic for Black History Month. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Jesse Owens - American Experience .. An interesting documentary. Perfect link between German and Black History Month. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Bella Martha Mostly Martha .. Sweet film. Fits in nicely with a food unit. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Rosenstraße
* Feature * Film ~ Joyeux Noël Merry Christmas
* Feature * Film ~ Marx & Coca Cola .. A delightful film about post-Reunification hurdles. ..
* Rick Steves * Germany Benelux & More
* Feature * Film ~ Swing Kids
* Burt Wolf ~ Ticino, Switzerland
* Feature * Film ~ Seven Years In Tibet
* Feature * Film ~ Sissi Forever My Love
* Feature * Film ~ The Young Victoria
* Feature * Film ~ Amadeus
* Rick Steves ~ Berlin, Germany
* Feature * Film ~ The Sound of Music
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. Good way to touch upon German-speaking Switzerland. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Bach's Fight For Freedom
* Feature * Film ~ Handel's Last Chance
* Feature * Film ~ Bridge of Spies
* Feature * Film ~ Das schreckliche Mädchen ~ The Nasty Girl
* Feature * Film ~ Das Wunder von Bern
* Feature * Film ~ Die weiße Rose ~ The White Rose
* Feature * Film ~ Einstein's Wife
* Feature * Film ~ Influenza 1918
* Feature * Film ~ Lola rennt ~ Run, Lola, Run
* Feature * Film ~ Night Crossing .. Da sitzen Sie auf heißen Kohlen bis zum Ende ! ..
* Feature * Film ~ The Berlin Wall ~ Modern Marvels
* Feature * Film ~ The Candy Bomber
* Feature * Film ~ The Monuments Men
* Feature * Film ~ The Rise and Fall of the Wall
* Feature * Film ~ Valkyrie
* Rick Steves * Austria & The Alps
* Feature * Film ~ Patton
* Feature * Film ~ Heidi
* Feature * Film ~ War Horse
* Feature * Film ~ Nowitzki: The Perfect Shot
* Rick Steves ~ Luther and The Reformation
* Feature * Film ~ The Great War Christmas Truce
* Feature * Film ~ Strauss: The King of Three Quarter Time
* PLEASE NOTE
If you don't have a movie in your personal film collection, your local public library may have it or be able to get it for you on the interlibrary loan from a nearby library system.
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac Grammar Review For Students of French, German, Italian, Spanish
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac For French, German, Italian, Spanish
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game For French, German, Italian, Spanish
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your German Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
JUST FOR FUN
* The Mystery * Bingo Book Club . . Ideal if you like to read mystery stories ! . .
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn feedback credits each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just go to www.TeachersPayTeachers.com and login, then click on ~
* My TpT (at the top right)
* My Purchases ~ find the appropriate title from the list
* Provide Feedback (under the product title and author's name)
and continue from there.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
KEYWORDS End of year / Student certificates / Awards / Student awards / Famous Germans / End-of-year certificates / End of semester / After the AP Exam / IB