Also included in
- Need activities for the first week of school that will help you get to know your students and build classroom community? If you teach elementary school, this bundle has everything you need for back-to-school season! It includes both digital and printable student ice breakers, design challenges, "getPrice $54.00Original Price $60.00Save $6.00
This mega bundle is perfect for back to school, Fun Fridays, the first week of school, and morning meetings. Some of our most popular games are included in this bundle. Your students are going to LOVE them!!! Buy this bundle and be prepared to have some no-prep fun ALL YEAR with your class.
*This bundle includes both worksheets and Nearpod games. A FREE Nearpod account is required to play some of these activities. Read the Introduction to Nearpod section below to learn more.
*Nearpod has been used with permission.
Check out my blog for teaching ideas and freebies! OR Tune into my new podcast: Teachers Learn Too! (available on Spotify and Google Podcasts)
Nearpod is an engaging and interactive way to deliver instruction through distance learning and/or support your math/literacy centers. You can create a free Nearpod account, and the instructions for doing so are included in this bundle. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up.
Students can either join the lesson by using a desktop/Chromebook and going to the Nearpod website OR students can use the app on a tablet/ipad.
Nearpod can be used in two ways. These lessons can be assigned to your whole class simultaneously, allowing you to control your students' screens even when in a different location. This makes it perfect for distance learning!!! It can also be assigned to individual students to complete at their leisure, again making it ideal for distance learning. I LOVE to assign Nearpod lessons as independent work during centers. It gives students the opportunity to practice when working independently. The best part is that you will have access to reports that show you all of their answers. This makes for very useful data!
ABOUT THIS MEGA BUNDLE
This bundle includes 5 resources:
1) BEST-SELLING Fun Friday Games for Nearpod
This product is a PDF file that includes a link to the Nearpod games. Make sure to create a FREE Nearpod account first. Then, click on the link to save the lesson to your Nearpod lesson library. There is also a link to edit and use the two included digital spinner. Both the digital spinners and all of the Nearpod games are editable. Along with the Nearpod games and digital spinners, a poll is included at the beginning of the Nearpod resource to allow students to vote on the game they would like to play. This resource includes the following five Nearpod games (10 slides per game):
- The Meme Game - Students choose a picture to complete each meme. During live lessons, the teacher can approve student responses before the class sees them. Students can then "like" their peers' finished memes.
- Design It - Students become various artists and designers (i.e. video game designers, fashion designers, interior decorators, etc.) and draw blueprints/designs to meet the "customer" requests.
- Majority Rules - Students guess which option the majority of their classmates will like (i.e. food, activities, etc.).
- What If... - This is a hilarious game that your students will LOVE! The teacher spins the included digital spinner to select one student. The student, if comfortable, is the subject of a "What if" question. There are some funny questions and answer choices!
- How Well Do You Know... - The teacher spins the included digital spinner to select a student. The class then answers a question about that student to see if they can guess which option that student will choose (i.e. favorite food, gifts, activities, etc.).
2) MOST-POPULAR Meme Game for All Year Using Nearpod
Students LOVE this game!!! This product is a PDF file that includes a link to the Nearpod games. Make sure to create a FREE Nearpod account first. Then, click on the link to save the lesson to your Nearpod lesson library. There is also a link to edit and use the digital spinner. Both the digital spinners and all of the Nearpod games are editable. This resource includes the following themed Meme Game slides:
- August - Back to School (5 slides)
- September - Autumn (5 slides)
- October - Halloween (5 slides)
- November - Thanksgiving (5 slides)
- December - Christmas (5 slides)
- January - Winter (5 slides)
- February - Valentine's Day (5 slides)
- March - St. Patrick's Day (5 slides)
- April - Easter (5 slides)
- May - Spring (5 slides)
- June - Summer (5 slides)
- July - 4th of July (5 slides)
3) Nearpod Ice Breakers and Morning Meeting Games
This product contains a Google Slides lesson (40 slides), an informative PDF to help you get started, and a link to a Nearpod lesson. Here is what's included:
- 6 interactive games that can be completed during live virtual lessons (described below)
- detailed descriptions of all games and activities
- a pacing guide describing how to implement virtual morning meeting during the first two weeks of school
- teaching tips and set-up instructions
There are six games included in this lesson:
- Student Guess Who: Students draw a self-portrait and two clues about themselves on their Nearpod screens. Then, the teacher digitally shares one with the class via Nearpod. The students must use the clues to guess who drew the picture.
- 2 Time to Climb EDITABLE games: Prior to playing, edit these questions to describe you, the teacher, or the students. These games are fun after the students have gotten to know each other a bit!
- I'm Thinking of an Animal: Students draw an animal and think of three clues. The teacher shares a picture using Nearpod and the student says their clues. The other students then try to guess the animal.
- Artist Helper: Students are given a shape or line and asked to finish the drawing. This game is very fun! You will love seeing what your students come up with!!!
4) Fun Friday Read and Draw Game for the ENTIRE YEAR
This is our newest game! It includes 16 seasonal/holiday themed games. Each theme has 2 versions: one with picture clues and one with words only. The following printable worksheets are included:
- Back to School - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Autumn - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Halloween - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Thanksgiving - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Diwali - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Christmas - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Hanukkah - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Kwanzaa - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Winter - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Chinese New Year - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Valentine's Day - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Spring - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- St. Patrick's Day - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Easter - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- Summer - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- 4th of July - 2 versions (pictures and words / words only)
- EDITABLE version so you can create your own version of the game
- digital spinner to use in place of a set of dice
5) First Week of School Ice Breakers Volumes 1 and 2
These two ice breakers are perfect for the first week of school or after holiday breaks!
Volume 1: This resource is a PDF file and contains the following:
- Ideas for BOTH In-Person Instruction and Distance Learning Implementation
- 5 printable versions of Student BINGO
- 5 digital versions of Student BINGO (TpT Easel)
- 2 double-sided printable Would You Rather worksheets
- 2 double-sided digital Would You Rather worksheets (TpT Easel)
- 2 extension activities
Volume 2: This 23-page product includes BOTH a PDF and an editable PowerPoint file. Each file contains the following:
- Game Instructions and Teacher Tips
- Sample Answer Sheets
- 5 Worksheets for 3...2...1
- 5 Unique Worksheets for Color and Search PLUS 5 editable versions
Click here to browse our Digital Escape Rooms. - Upper Grades