Products in this Bundle (70)
showing 1-5 of 70 products
Pop-culture and history rap songs + reading activities = fun. Agree? Then these activities are just for you!
Based on history and reading rap songs, use this bundle to plan out your entire year's reading activities (read below for a sample outline) or just to give students an exciting break from the standard, reading curriculum. Easily incorporate these activities into independent work or complete them together as a class lesson.
You have to teach it anyway, so make it fun!
No more boring reading passages! while they practice important skills! These activities cover the skills listed below and include multiple-choice questions for easy grading. Click the product links above for more details.
- answering comprehension questions
- cause and effect
- character traits
- compare and contrast
- context clues
- decoding multisyllabic words
- fiction vs. nonfiction
- figurative language
- main idea and supporting details
- making inferences
- root words and affixes
- sequencing events and timelines
- story elements skills.
- and synonyms and antonyms skills.
Plan Your Semester with These Activities!
We recommend looking at your syllabus or grade's pacing guide and then selecting the activities from each bundle that match the skills that you need to teach each week. *Note: The following outline is intended to be used after the first two weeks of teaching classroom expectations and procedures. Sample outline:
- Weeks 1 and 2 - teaching classroom expectations and procedures
- Weeks 3 and 4 - synonyms and antonyms: Hip Hop History 1 and 2, Moana, Jazz Age History, and Black Panther parody activities
- Week 5 - compare and contrast: Black Heroes of the Revolution, Moana, and Mulan activities
- Week 6 - main idea and details: Hip Hop History 1, Sacagawea, and Mulan activities
- Week 7 - root words: Moana, Mulan, Phillis Wheatley, and Sojourner Truth activities
- Week 8 - prefixes: Moana, Mulan, and Sojourner Truth activities
- Week 9 - suffixes: Moana, Mulan, and Sojourner Truth activities
- Week 10 - decoding multisyllabic words: Cesar Chavez, Hip Hop History 1 and 2, Frederick Douglass, and Moana activities
- Weeks 11 and 12 - context clues: Hip Hop History 1 and 2, Mulan, and Moana activities
- Week 13 - sequence of events: Cesar Chavez, Frida Kahlo, Harriet Tubman, Helen Keller, and Sojourner Truth activities
- Week 14 - figurative language: Jazz Age History, Hip Hop History 2, and Helen Keller activities
- Week 15 - review: holiday-themed activities or use remaining activities for various skills (Women in Comics vs. Warrior Women in History, Spiderdude, or Thor activities)
Hasn't this already been done? There are TONS of educational songs out there, but none of them are fully integrated into reading activities based on the song lyrics. With Rap Opera for Kids, when the music stops, the learning doesn't.
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with reading!
You may also like:
*Leave a review if you enjoyed these activities.*
Copyright © 2019 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com