Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do you read “First Day Jitters”, by Julie Danneberg?
It is one of my students’ all-time favorite back to school books.
With that in mind, I designed “Jit Lit”.
It’s a labor of love - jumbo packet, that’s filled with all sorts of different & creative literacy activities, inspired by that story.
They are sure to provide lots of super-fun engagement for kiddos, that first week of school.
Activities come in black & white for students, as well as color, so that you can quickly & easily make an example to share.
Be sure and check the PREVIEW for lots of samples.
There are graphing extensions, games, puzzles, a maze, word find, a variety of worksheets, “Rhyme Time”, “Jitter Glitter Names”, and Venn diagrams.
The packet also includes:
Quick, easy & fun writing prompt craftivities. A few of my favorites:
* “Sip Sip Hooray! How are you feeling today?” juice glass with emoji “bubbles”.
* “Welcome to our school!” postcard. (6 options)
* “Paper Love” cell phone-emoji message.
* “What Were You Thinking?” Cartoon bubble writing craftivity
* “Bed Head Jitters” flip-the-flap writing prompt craft.
Lots of the projects make adorable, back to school bulletin boards.
Afterwards, tuck these "keepsakes" away to be included in your students’ end of the year Memory Books.
I’ve included a variety of posters to introduce the various lessons, then add them to your displays for extra pizzazz.
So you can cover those English Language standards, there are also lots of literacy-based activities, like parts of a book, story elements, character traits, sequencing, & retelling, plus comprehension checks.
A few of my favorites are:
* “How observant are you?” Detective worksheet
* Super-Sleuth Challenge
* “Instagame!” sequencing craftivity
* “What’s your OPINION?” Rate & Rank the book. (Thumbs up/down & how many stars?)
* Making Connections (“Let’s Text!”) cell phone writing prompt worksheets: text to text, text to world, text to self.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you the “best ever” school year.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours. Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.