***** FIVE ENGAGING WORKSHEETS TO PRACTICE RATIOS AND PROPORTIONS *****
These worksheets are fantastic for students to get extra practice and see real-world applications for what they are learning.
Included in this packet:
- Find the Ratios: Students are shown a picture with sports equipment being juggled. The goal is to find all of the ratios in the picture. The students are not just handed the numbers, they need to search them out. Great practice for general ratios and relating items.
- Cafe Ratios: Freddy keeps track of all the people that come into a cafe for the week. He writes down the name and days that they are there. Students need to figure out different ratios that relate to the customers for the week. This resource helps students pull information from raw data.
- Handing Out Shirts: Alison needs to hand out shirts in a certain ratio. The students need to figure out if she was successful or not for each week.
- What's the Grade: Charlie's teacher does not write the letter grade on any of his papers. He needs to figure out his letter grade by converting the points into a percent. Students will set up and use proportions to figure out Charlie's grade on different assignments. No prior experience with percentages is required. The worksheet explains every step in detail.
- Food Ratios: Sarah needs to make cookies for a party - the only problem - she needs to make enough for 20 people and the recipe is only for 8 people. Students help Sarah use ratios and proportions to find out how much of each ingredient she needs.
**** Don't have students do the same problems over and over again ****
These worksheets give opportunities for students to use critical thinking skills and to solve problems that they could encounter in the real world.
All worksheets come with an answer key to make checking and grading easy!
Check out all of our engaging materials in our store!