Comicbook history + rap song = fun reading activities for 5th grade. Agree?
Then this is a must-have for you!
Based on our comicbook history rap song, these activities will while they practice a variety of reading skills. Easily incorporate them into independent activities or complete them together as a class lesson.
Students will listen to the song then use the song's lyrics as a reading passage to complete the activities detailed below.
These activities are:
- no prep to save you time,
- super easy and simple to use,
- with a high-interest topic sure to engage your students!
This bundle includes:
- the song lyrics for use as a reading passage
- 12 multiple-choice, with the answer key
- a activity
- a activity with a word bank of transitional words for student use
- a activity
- 14 multiple-choice, questions about the fictional comic story and the real-world story behind the comic with the answer key
- 7 multiple-choice, questions for defining content-vocabulary words in the song with the answer key
- *Also included in the individual nonfiction vs. fiction activity listed above.
- a brief lesson on syllables and tips on how to count them in words
- 12 "?" activity questions where students will listen to and read the song lyrics to determine how many syllables are in specific words from the song
- 12 "!" activity questions where students will read through the song lyrics, finding words that have 1, 2, 3, and 4 syllables and write them in the corresponding columns
- 12 "" activity tasks where students will separate words that they have found into their syllabic parts
- a "!" challenge activity where students will find a rare 5 syllable word in the song lyrics and write it correctly separated into its syllabic parts.
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with reading!
*Leave a review if you liked these activities.*
You may also like:
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
*Photo credit for Mansa Musa artwork: HistoryNmoor - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=44492837
Used under / Originals have been digitally mixed with other media.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com