Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
6.64 MB | 32 pages
Thanksgiving Activity ~ Differentiated Math for Grades 4+5
“Case of The Gobbler’s Curse” is an Thanksgiving activity where students must solve a variety of problems to reveal which potion will cure the people under the Gobbler’s Curse! Engage and motivate your students in this fun detective story, which also encourages critical thinking as they must reason their way through eliminating some bizarre potions from Tabitha the Witch’s Cupboard. These NO PREP worksheets are great for practice and review or may provide an opportunity to learn something new!
This Thanksgiving Math Mystery - "Case of the Gobbler's Curse" is a dual grade differentiated bundle GRADES 4+5!
Designed for a mixed grade or different levels of ability, these worksheets will keep the students engaged. All the clues are the same just with different difficulties.
To differentiate, mix and match the clue sheets across grades to level the playing field within your classroom. For example, you could swap Clue 1 from Grade 3 to Clue 1 from Grade 4 to make that clue more challenging for some students. The clue and mystery results are the same, but the math questions to discover each clue are different.
THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES - GRADE 4 SKILLS ADDRESSED
- Dividing 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers (interpret remainders)
- Adding Fractions with Like Denominators (Answers must be written as a mixed fraction if possible)
- Multiplying 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers.
- Elapsed Time in minutes
- Reducing Fractions
THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES - GRADE 5 SKILLS ADDRESSED
- Dividing 2-digit and 3-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers (interpret remainders)
- Volume (by counting unit cubes and measuring as 'cubic units')
- Multiplying 2-digit numbers by 2-digit numbers.
- Convert decimals from expanded form to standard form using fractions (up to thousandths)
- Adding Fractions with Unlike Denominators (Simplifying Answers Required)
Add fun to your thanksgiving and try out one of our Math Mysteries.