Fun Ways to Use a Camera in the Classroom is an interactive unit that integrates visual arts and language arts. This unit contains rules for using a camera or I Pad in the classroom, lots of structured opportunities for students to use a camera or I Pad in the classroom, and includes numerous creative writing and critical thinking opportunities.
This Unit Includes:
1. Rules for using a camera in the classroom poster
2. Rules for using an I Pad in the classroom poster
(Includes posters with rules and blank posters for class to create rules together).
3. All about me writing exercise
4. Write about a picture of you
5. Getting to know a classmate flower
(includes flower foldable, graphic organizer)
6. My Passport (includes passport worksheet)
7. Photo Rhyming Book (includes directions, and book pages).
8. Story Photo Challenge
9. Write a story inspired by a photograph
(includes directions, 5 W’s graphic organizer, and writing paper)
10. Around the school photo scavenger hunt
11. Shape photo scavenger hunt
12. Colour photo scavenger hunt
13. Create a ‘how to…’ book with photographs
14. Using visual schedules in the classroom
(includes 3 visual schedule templates)
15. Other ideas for using a camera in the classroom
*Please note: All activities can be adapted to be completed with I Pads instead of digital cameras, or if your classroom only has access to a few digital cameras, activities can be done in stations or centers. If your classroom does not have access to I Pads or cameras another option would be to purchase a class set of disposable cameras.