This collection of activities is based on the story in the Reading Street series. It is specifically for first grade classrooms.
For additional savings, be sure to check out the BUNDLE I created
of the Unit 1 stories which includes A Fox and a Kit.
I've included the following:
* roll and read x 3 levels
* a simple high frequency word card game that ALL kids seem to adore
* 10 fill-in-the-blank cards (perfect for use in centers)
* 6 sentences for word order practice (great for centers!)
* self-checking rhyming cards reinforcing previously taught word families (short a, o and i)
* ack, ick, and ock word sort (includes sorting mats)
* naming words / action words + s sort (Example: pigs, sits)
* amazing words
* matching base word with base word + ing concentration game
(also uses animal parent to baby match which reinforces the theme of the story) (Example: photo of dog - wax;
photo of puppy - waxing)
* writing prompts
Revised June 2015 to include:
* 12 spelling word rebus cards
* tic-tac-toe high frequency word game
* 2 flip books (inflected endings -s, -ing)
* Spelling Scoot
* Rainbow spelling
* 2 Roll, Read, and Write
Recording sheets are included. Enjoy!