Middle schoolers are hard to please, and it's rare to hear giggling during grammar activities. However, this activity was a hit! Kids get to play with silly sentences containing misplaced and dangling modifiers. They draw pictures of the silly sentences and then correct them. I had 100% engagement, and assessment scores reflected their learning.
Included in this package:
(1) Lesson Plan with step-by-step directions
(2) Student Handout for Drawing Activity
(3) List of more than 60 sentences containing misplaced and/or dangling modifiers
(4) Three student samples
(5) Two Practice Worksheets with answer keys
(6) Summative Assessment with answer key