- This is a 5-resource bundle for grades 4-6. It assumes that students have not done the Fun with Sudoku Guy bundle for K-3. Consequently, the first resource is for those have not seen the K-3 bundle. This bundle takes students step by step to the stage where they can solve simple sudoku puzzles using$22.50$25.00Save $2.50
- Product Description
- this is the second lesson of 5 lessons showing students how to solve simple sudoku puzzles. It is a step-by-step procedure using PowerPoint, printable activities and videos where Robin the Sudoku Guy demonstrates the procedures, rules, and skills needed to solve
- it can be purchased as an individual resources or as a bundle. In this lesson I teach the LCR procedure
- LCR stands for Left Centre Right. This refers to the columns found on a sudoku grid
- by the time students reach the 5th lesson they will be able to solve simple sudoku puzzles using TMB and LCR with one number or two numbers missing in a row, column, or block. Watching the videos is fun
5 lessons for Gr 4-6 Printable activities, worksheets an demo videos.
- help students look at 3 vertical blocks and spot where a number is missing in 1 of the 3 blocks using LCR. Robin the Sudoku guy will show how this is done in the video
- go through slides and videos as a class or use it as a math work station (Your choice... I'm pretty entertaining!)
- individual or group activities and worksheets include puzzles to solve
- videos to watch as a class or for teacher to form lesson plan
- teacher guide in presentation notes (under the video)
- answer key when approriate
- logical thinking, spacial relationships, and number sequenceing
- new vocabulary e.g. row, column, block, cell, grid horizontal, vertical
- the videos are fun to watch. They teach a step by step approach
- students wil be able to solve vertical blocks with 1 number missing in 1 of 3 blocks
- students will be able to observe or spot a number located in 2 out of 3 vertical blocks
- students will know the rules of sudoku, particularly that no column can have a repeated number
- students will learn new vocabulary, e.g. row, column, block, grid, horizontal, and vertical.
- above all I wish students to have fun
There are 12 lessons in total. and 2 bundles. (K-gr3 and Gr 4-6)
Robin the Sudoku Guy
After 15 years doing sudoku puzzles, and having created the popular Sudoku Guy series, I saw a need for online tutorials designed for the young. The lessons and tutorials start with simple exercises for beginners and move through tips for those ready to tackle more difficult puzzles. Thanks to a teaching career that spanned kindergarten through university, and with a background in theatre and television, I developed a fun, easy-to-understand, step-by-step series. Each session involves a video and printables. The enthusiasm of the young people who field tested them confirmed my intuition, that sudoku is a terrific aid for assisting them to learn more about thinking skills and spatial relationships.
Here is a recent testimonial.
Hi Sudoku Guy, Thankyou for making such good videos with great tips. My son Mohammed" of 4th grade had participated in a national sudoku competition. He watched many of your videos and used all of the tips and tricks from the videos. And the results were out. We were happy to see that my son has bagged first place in the competition. So, we would like to thank you for all the good videos