- This is a PowerPoint presentation with video and printable activities. It is the 5th of 7 lessons for K-3 showing how to look for a missing a number in a combined column and block.
- I also introduce students to a real 9X9 sudoku grid containing examples of a row, column, and block.
- students are shown how to look for a missing a number in a block of 9 cells and in a combined column and block of 9 cells.
- Go through slides and videos as a class or use it as a math work station (Your choice... I'm pretty entertaining!)
- Individual or group activities and worksheets include puzzles to solve and create.
- Videos to watch as a class or for teacher to form lesson plan
- Teacher guide in presentation notes under the slides.
- logical thinking, spacial relationships, and number sequenceing
- new vocabulary e.g. row, column, block, cell
- a sudoku grid
- students will solve simple sudoku puzzles with one number missing in a row, column, and block.
- students will become familiar with a real sudoku grid
- students will know how to solve the missing numbers in a combined column and block
By the time students reach the 7th resource they will be able to solve simple sudoku puzzles with one number missing in a row, column, and block.