PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
0.19 MB | 5 pages
This is a great jigsaw activity to review with your students about when relations are a function or not a function. Students will need to know how to represent a relation by using a mapping diagram, coordinate points, a table, and a graph before doing this activity. Here are the directions that are included:
1. Separate the students into groups of 3 or 4. Each student should receive a blank form for the four representations of a relation.
2. Then distribute activity cards so that each student receives one. Try to give students who are working together different relations so that if they are struggling, they can help each other to create the other representations of their relation.
3. When all the groups have finished their charts, have them find the other students in the class who have the same relation as them so they can check their answers.
4. As a class, discuss strategies they used to determine if their relations were functions. Also, allow the students to discuss which representation was easiest/hardest for them to work with when determining if a relation is a function.
Next to each set the answer of function or not a function is shown.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.