- Get all 3 levels of the Functional Literacy Leveled Daily Curriculum with this money saving bundle! Have everything you need for your multi-level classroom! Over 540 activities includedThis resource provides 3 versions of a year long functional literacy curriculum that focuses on applying language a$150.00$135.00Save $15.00
This resource provides a year long functional literacy curriculum that focuses on applying language arts skills and concepts to everyday and real world texts. The curriculum is structured, visually based, breaks down larger skills into manageable steps, embeds assessments, and utilizes data based decision making.
There are 8 Units included plus a review unit! Each unit includes:
- a pre-test and post-test
- grading rubric with data based decision making component
- anchor chart
- 20 activities
Level 1 focuses on teaching basic language arts skills applied to real world texts. The skills included in this unit are:
- non-identical matching
- calendar skills
- using number and color words from an anchor chart
- text associations
- sorting signs by function
- describing using size
- identifying same and different
- finding prepositions
- vocabulary: personal info, day/month, self-care, cleaning, kitchen, community travel, broken/not broken, and money management
This curriculum is designed to use one activity per day. Your literacy instruction for the entire year is planned! Over 180+ activities included. This resource aligns with the Language Arts Leveled Daily Curriculum. This set focuses on applying skills to real world situations and building in generalization. These resources would work well together!
Also included in this resources:
- 2 types of lesson plan templates
- detailed curriculum map
- 2 types of data sheets
Includes a non-writer version!
Level 1 includes some minimal copying and entry level writing tasks. For your students who are not yet ready for that, a non-writer version with tracing tasks is also included!
Grab this unit plus the other two levels in the money saving bundle!
Check out the entire resource:
Not sure what level works for your student? Check out the skills matrix below:
for more resources, tips, and materials to help you help children with autism please visit The Autism Helper