This activity was designed to be simple and functional without a lot of distracting images or text. I hope you find it useful! I love using them in speech therapy sessions! They would also be great for pk/k or special education. Many children will recognize the functional vocabulary in these books and will get excited to interact with the symbols and pieces!
These books are great for: basic concepts, functional vocabulary, describing, increasing MLU (mean length of utterance), matching skills, expressive/receptive language skills, and listening skills. There is a comprehension activity at the end of each book too!
There are five BOOM books included:
- Hot or Cold?
- Farm or Forest Animal?
- Hard or Soft?
- Sweet or Salty Food?
- Work or Play?
On each page, the student will drag the matching picture into the first box and the matching feature (hot/cold, hard/soft etc..) into the second box to complete the sentence. I encourage my students to say the sentence.
IMPORTANT: If you own the print version bundle (Functional Vocabulary Book Bundle Series 2) DO NOT buy this! It is included in the bundle version ONLY (the individual print books do not include the BOOM books). If you own the print bundle, go back to your purchases and download this under the Bonus file!
On each page, the student will drag the matching picture into the first box and the matching feature (lunch/breakfast, kitchen/bathroom etc..) into the second box to complete the sentence. I encourage my student to say the sentence.
Before you purchase this you understand the following:
- This is not a printable resource, it was designed to use in the Boom Card Program
- To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account. Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to five decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play option available in the Library.
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How to access your purchase:
After you make the purchase, you will download a PDF with instructions and a link. You’ll click the link to add the book to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
What does this purchase allow?
One license allows you (one SLP/Teacher/Educator) to use the games with all of your students. You must purchase an additional license to share it with a co-worker. This PDF must NOT be shared in any way.