This file contains 120 pages of function activities aligned with Common Core Standards 8.F.1, 8.F.2, 8.F.3, 8.F.4, and 8.F.5. The activities range from task cards that identify functions to a game where students match the equation with a graph and the correct y-intercept and slope. The focus of these activities is the four representations of functions; graphic representation, algebraic equation, numeric table, and verbal description.
Activities include the following:
• Activity 1 Identifying Function Properties
• Activity 2 Functions from Tables and Graphs
• Activity 3 Which Function has the Greater Rate of Change
• Activity 4 Linear Functions
• Activity 5 Fun With Functions
• Activity 6 What’s the Rate of Change (Slope)?
• Activity 7 Finding the y-intercept using all 4 representations
• Activity 8 Analyzing linear and non-linear graphs