Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.74 MB | 10 pages
This document contains the following:
- anticipatory set to functions, in relation to real world function
- guided notes & practice problems for distinguishing between functions and non-functions
- guided notes & practice problems for stating the domain & range of functions
- guided notes & practice problems for analyzing function statements, writing functions to model situations, completing function tables appropriately, and evaluating various functions
- closure activities for each lesson
- quiz on functions
*Of course, you can rearrange the problems in this document for use as class work, homework, quizzes, tests, etc. as you wish!
The problems and activities within this document are designed to assist students in achieving the following standards: HSF.IF.A.1 & HSF.IF.A.2 as well as the standards for mathematics practice and the literacy standards. They are also designed to help the teacher assess the students’ abilities when it comes to working with the ideas within the standards.
About my Products:
While the PARCC assesses many of the mathematical practice standards, I aim to create many problems and activities that require students to apply the skills outlined in the performance level descriptors. I believe that the more students are exposed to such types of work, the more likely they are to develop a conceptual understanding of the concepts & of their own learning, succeed on the PARCC, and hence the more likely they are to be prepared for success in college and/or their future careers. If you happen to have any questions or concerns regarding anything your purchase (or download for free), please do not hesitate to contact me! Have a wonderful school year! :)